Interesting Facts about Left-Handed People
Every person has a primary arm. This means that that person uses that arm for writing or similar actions. So, we can be right-handed and left-handed. As you may know, there are many right-handed people. On the other side, left-handed people are very rare. Some of use doesn’t even know a left-handed person. This means that there are many interesting facts about left-handed people. Let’s see them.
1. Only 10% of the world’s population are left-handed people. Now we know why there are no many of them.
2. Some of the most important people were or they are left-handed. For example: Da Vinci, Einstein, Bill Gates, Napoleon, Newton, Michelangelo, Oprah, Jimi Hendrix and Obama.
3. 40% of schizophrenics are people who are left-handed.
4. Since 1996, every August 13 is known and celebrated as the "Left-Handers Day".
5. Left-handed people chew food on their left side. Right-handed people chew on their right side.
6. More than 2.500 people are killed, every year, because they use equipment designed for right-handed people.
7. Left-handed people live 3 years shorter than right-handed people.
8. Despite being just 10% of the population, there are more left-handed people, with the intelligence higher than 140 than right-handed people.
9. According to a study, premature babies are usually left-handed.
10. Left-handed soldiers, throw grenades upside down, because of the safety pin.
11. Only a 25 % chance of being left-handed depends on your inherited genes.
12. Post-traumatic stress affects on left-handed people much more than on right-handed people.
13. Left-handed people earn 12% less than right-handed people. This was proved by a study.