Some Interesting Facts on Dogs
Dogs are exceptionally known for their sensory and human pleasing behaviour. They are considered as the best and the most desired among all the pets and domesticated animals. They bond and become very close to human beings and understands the owner exceptionally well, as compared to the other pet animals. You might have heard the saying that, “A dog will save its dying master till its last breath while a cat would rather choke its owner to death”. No wonder why a dog is considered so loyal and faithful.
Research and studies have brought many things into light regarding the association of /between the dogs and man, which is also one of the oldest domesticated associations. This is why dogs are so attuned to human attitudes and emotions. Let us look at some more interesting facts about them:
(1) It is a well-known fact that dogs use their sense of smelling but it is the wolves who surpass them in this field for dogs use their other skills over their nose also.
(2) It is necessary for the dogs’ nose to be moistened and wet as it enables them to smell and find the directions correctly.
(3) Dogs drink water with the tip of their tongues that helps them to pull up the water in through the column. It’s more like they taste the water more.
(4) Do you know that the Dalmatian dogs are born spotless and that they grow spots over the years, as they grow up!
(5) When you find that your dog is fluttering its eyes rapidly and turning and twisting while asleep and moving its paws, your dog is dreaming! Yeah, just like we human beings, they sneeze and they dream.
If you don’t have dog, by now you should get one. They are such a fascinating creatures.